Straight to European Film Awards!12 June
From now on, the best short film over all competitions of the Leuven Short Film Festival will be nominated for the European Film Awards! Filmmakers in competition are eligible for some of the world’s most prestigious short film awards: the Oscars®, the BAFTAs and now also the European Film Awards.
So don't hesitate and send in your short now! Deadline for the European competition is August 1st.
Submissions LISFF 2017 open!31 January
Send in your short film for the next edition of Leuven Int. Short Film Festival. The festival will take place between 2 and 9 December 2017.
You can submit through the following link until August 1st (international) or September 15 (Flemish).
AND THE WINNERS ARE...23 December
On Saturday 10 December, prices were awarded at the closing ceremony of the 22nd edition of Leuven International Short Film Festival. Many directors were present since, next to the Festival winners, the VAF Wildcards were announced.
>> All winners
The next generation of filmmakers announces itself20 November
The approaching winter brings good new for film lovers, because in Leuven short days equal long nights filled with the best short films. Leuven Short Film Festival is traditionally the closing event of the Flemish film year, with a new generation of filmmakers announcing itself. The 22nd edition of the Short Film Festival takes place between 3 and 10 December 2016 and presents a broad programme full of inspiration and creativity: hundreds of new short films in all styles and genres will be screened.
Tickets are available.
Festival 2015 and the winners are...6 October
FLEMISH SHORT FILM COMPETITION
- Jury Award: The Allegory of the Jam Jar (Boris Kuijpers & Ruth Mellaerts)
- Best Debut: Drôle d'oiseau (Anouk Fortunier)
- Audience Award:The Allegory of the Jam Jar (Boris Kuijpers & Ruth Mellaerts)
FLEMISH SHORT FILM COMPETITION FOR ANIMATION FILMS
- Audience Award: Schaapjes tellen (Frits Standaert)
EUROPEAN SHORT FILM COMPETITION
- Jury Award: Maman(s) (Maimouna Doucoure)
- Prijs van het Publiek: Le Mur (Samuel Lampaert)
- HUMO Award:The Allegory of the Jam Jar (Boris Kuijpers & Ruth Mellaerts)
- Pitch Award: Jasper Vrancken en Leander Hanssen
- Press award: Guest (Moon Blaisse)
- Fiction: Umpire (Leonardo Van Dijl), Drôle d'oiseau (Anouk Fortunier)
- Documentary: Flor de mil colores (Karen Vázquez Guadarrama), Into Darkness (Rachida El Garani)
- Animation: The Beast (Liesbet van Loon)
- Filmlab: In Frankrijk zijn geen walvissen (Eva van Tongeren)